Enjoy utilizing your Payroll/Accounts Payable experience working at an agency that helps others. We are assisting our non-profit client to recruit for a Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist at their Belfast, ME location. The Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm schedule leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful Maine coast.
Awesome benefit package once evaluation period requirements are met: Health, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, 403(b) Pension, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off!!!
Some of the duties you will be working on:
1. Process payroll, including collection and input of data, reporting, etc.
2. Reconcile GL entries for payroll related items; Prepare M/E journal entries to post all payroll benefits.
3. Be the go to for employee payroll related questions.
4. Enter invoices for accounts payable and ensure all A/P processes completed.
5. Records prepaid expenses monthly.
6. Runs errands, i.e. banking, mail run, picking up supplies, as needed.
Your experience, skills and education needed:
• Three (3) years of work experience in payroll and accounts payable required.
• Accurate and organized.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Familiarity with accounting fundamentals.
• Preferred: Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field, or the equivalent in education and related work experience required; Bachelor's Degree in Accounting a plus.
• Ability to meet background clearance requirements.